It's all about the Bellinis!

All I need is a tropical beach, flip-flops and a champagne cocktail!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Are You Cool?

Not sure where this week has gone. I don't have much to show for it apart from a headache, a new handbag and a big, long 'To Do' list!

I am supposed to learn advanced SQL and have completed three more three-hour mock exams by next Friday. In between actually working and actually going to college and actually sleeping more than four hours a night. Although if it's good enough for the Iron Lady it's good enough for me. Hmmmm!

There is a temporary light at the end of this dark, dark tunnel. I'm off to Goa next Saturday. Woo hoo! I will be living off fish curry and spiritual healing for a week.

I digress...I can't say that anything very remarkable was asked of me in my Cambridge interviews but I'm delighted to see that I now appear to be in the minority.

I remember you mentioning this recently G, so thought you might like to point out to your American chums "Earlier this month, Cambridge was ranked by the Times Higher Education Supplement as the second best university in the world, with Oxford third". So there!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger pumpkin29 said…

    This all appears to be for dosser... ahem, "soft" subjects, anyhoo, and ignores the fact that scientific students get asked proper questions - like deriving, from first principles, the period of a pendulum. Things like that.

    And then to translate Latin at the end...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home