It's all about the Bellinis!

All I need is a tropical beach, flip-flops and a champagne cocktail!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Avoid Visible Fat

I've spent most of today debating the finer points of a low-cholesterol diet with my work colleagues, one of whom has a reading of 5.9; <5.2 I understand from my friends at Wikipedia is a healthy reading. It seems that I, and the e-Diet website, have been more helpful than the £200/hr doctor he saw yesterday who just said "don't eat red meat"! Anhyoo, it's amazing what you learn. Apparently lobster, oysters, prawns, scampi and crabs are all fairly high in cholesterol and should only be enjoyed in moderation. Arse! Some of my most loved foods relegated to the occasional nibble - boo hoo!

I watched a very thought-provoking documentary last night about a little Scottish boy who apparently lived before. It wasn't entirely convincing (not all the details were correct) but he knew things that can't just be explained away as a child's vivid imagination and watching him go back to the house he apparently lived in in his previous life was so moving. Mental note to self - must explore my own views/beliefs on this. I know I don't believe in a god of any sort but the idea of re-incarnation has always sat well in my mind. Who wouldn't want to at least dream of coming back as George Clooney's girlfriend??!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home