It's all about the Bellinis!

All I need is a tropical beach, flip-flops and a champagne cocktail!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stiff Upper Lip

It's all rather alarming. In the back of my mind I knew that something like this was due to happen, given the level of fanatacism present in some small sections of society, our lack of understanding of such fanatacism, and the war-like murmurings coming from many corners of the globe. But, still, it's a shocking and grounding experience.

Ultimately we cannot let them win by changing our behaviour or showing fear. However, I find some of the
passenger's responses faintly alarming. Yes, love, not having your iPod and makeup with you onboard may be hugely distressing for you but, quite frankly, it's better to be au naturel and bored than DEAD. Having said that I do also find it (a little) amusing, and strangely British, that we can be more afraid of being bereft of our favourite 'stuff' than an imminent terrorist threat. Maybe these possessions are our comfort blankets?? Maybe we're just shallow?? Answers on a postcard!

On a lighter note, these are just two of the many quirky stories that made me LOL ('laugh out loud' not 'lots of love' as I mistakenly thought until my man corrected me) today. I just love the honesty of this guy. Perhaps a bit too much information though! And this story is just because I know the scene of the crime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home