It's all about the Bellinis!

All I need is a tropical beach, flip-flops and a champagne cocktail!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My First Blog

So, I have been dragged into this 'blogging' thing by my good friend G. Reading her blog as she does good in Costa Rica reminded me how you can be thousands of miles apart but still so close. Ain't technology grand?!!

It also seems like a pretty cathartic thing to do to spill your guts, thoughts, hates, loves, gossip and photos across the world via the medium of 'blog'. What to spill today? Hmm........

My new CIMA classes started on Monday and I'd forgotten just how hard it is to do a full day of real work AND then go to college for three hours! Leaving home at 8am and getting home at 9:30pm sucks. And this is the summer. Winter is going to be a hell of darkness and cold and misery! (Mental note to self - make like a migrating bird and spend the winter months in warmer climes) However, having said all that I do actually enjoy going to college. It keeps the grey stuff active, I enjoy being 20% student (salary + perks of student life = great) and the work is interesting. Come on, who doesn't get turned on by transfer pricing and investment risk assessment?! I've realised that the only time I am bored is when I don't understand what the b*llocks they are talking about. The solution being to ADMIT when I don't understand rather than get bored and start considering my shopping list.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger pumpkin29 said…

    Bob, Bob, Bob, glad to be responsible for you splurging your guts on the internet. Always good to share.

    And while I can't say I share your fetish for transferring whatever it was that you were talking about, I do love me some knowledge about constitutional uses of town planning and zoning. So I am just as bad...

    Rock on school starting again and maintaining student life! Plus, Bellinis, of course. I like to imagine you there with all the other accountants sipping your cocktail...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home